Terms of Service
Advertise with us
Twitter user Iraqveteran8888 recently articulated common concerns many Americans currently have regarding the U.S. military’s poor recruitment rates.
Below is the thread in its entirety:
Why nobody wants to join the military. Grab a coffee. Recruitment numbers are way down. Sign-on bonuses are at an all-time high. The Government has no problem recklessly spending money on the military, so what’s the problem? I’ll tell you.
1. No faith in the administrative state. Come on…Is this one really so hard to figure out. Most combat arms troops generally come from right-wing or conservative backgrounds. You’ve been spending the last 4-6 years dragging police and military through the mud, most conservative.
You’ve got a weaponized DOJ, ATF, FBI, CIA, and God knows what else. It’s no mystery that they are being specifically used to target Conservatives. Do you really expect a rural Conservative to join a combat arms MOS when you’re telling them they are terrorists and extremists?
2. A woke military. I can’t believe this one even needs to be mentioned, but isn’t it obvious? Like it or not, the military is an environment of alphas who are being trained to kill human beings. The political token of the woke culture has no place in military ranks.
War is a deadly environment, and soldiers need to be focused on their job, not on your made-up Marxist bullcrap. Don’t even mention soldiers being kicked out over the coof poke. Get out of here with that cowardly BS.
3. 20 years of lies will make you wise. Some of us have been there and bought the T-shirt. You know that the Government is willing to lie to get their way. They don’t care who they hurt, or who dies. As long as those military-industrial complex checks are wet, they are good.
To make it even worse, we know Dick Cheney lied about WMDs. He lives a comfortable life outside of a prison cell while our troops live on the streets. Experience is the greatest teacher, so obviously why would a young person with half a brain sign up for that?
4. The people who are currently serving are treated like 2nd rate citizens. I mean…would you join the military if you knew the answer to inflation was to “go get on food stamps”. That’s not a very comforting prospect, is it?
Also, knowing you’re going to be subjected to woke critical race theory, inclusiveness, and no telling what leftist politically driven “training” is enough to make anyone run the other way.
5. You’re not worth dying for. Think about it. Society has spent the last 4-6 years telling us how bad America is, how bad military and law enforcement members are, and how unfair life is in our Country. We’ve been told our masculinity is toxic and that we are racists.
Society is sitting on their butts and have zero work ethic, and there’s a lot of great jobs out there that pay better than the military and don’t subject you to loss of life and limb over half of society wanting you dead because of who you are and your political identity.
6. They don’t want to fight Americans. Yep…I said it. The writing is on the wall. Many areas are already starting to peacefully Balkanize, if only in the logistical sense of banking, goods, and services. It’s happening Geographically, too. Look at the mass exodus from CA.
Depression in our youth is at an all-time high. They feel defeated and downtrodden. They feel like society doesn’t support them. All they have is their family and friends for support. They aren’t dumb, either. Gen Zs are very well educated. They see the turmoil our Gov is causing
The God honest truth is that Gen Z is more afraid of our own Government than anyone else in the World. Why should they wear your uniform when you support disarming us? Why in the world would they risk their lives for you?
7. Troops from the last 20 years of war are parents now. What do think we are telling our kids? LOL. You’re INSANE if you think we are recommending our kids sign up for your endless wars.
8. We are tired of endless wars. I don’t think Gen Z is comprised of cowards. I think they are smart enough to realize what they are signing up for. They would rather take their chances with the thousands of GWOT veterans in the streets of America if we are invaded.
Invasion is the only way you’ll get a lot of them to be willing to take up arms. In which case, they will have 1,000s of capable GWOT vets to help them survive. Don’t worry, we will find equipment. While y’all are playing drag, we will defend the Country.
posted 13 hours ago
posted 2 days ago
posted 2 days ago
posted 3 days ago